This recipe is great for experimenting with a variety of different vegetables, spices, and vinegars.
For the Greek Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 4 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes, I used cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups roughly chopped cucumbers, I used persian cucumbers
- 2 red or yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta, drain and crumbed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl. combine all of the vegetables and gently toss together. Pour the Greek vinaigrette over the vegetables, and again, gently toss to coat them. Crumble the feta over the salad and then very gently toss the cheese into the vegetables.
- Taste and adjust for more freshly ground black pepper if desired. Serve immediately at room temperature, or chill before serving.